Having Fun Around Town
Every good series must come to an end, and we are going out with a bang! Whether on a budget or splurging on a day date, family outing, or going out with friends, here are some suggestions that our stylists at Ergun Tercan European Salon have compiled to create some unforgettable experiences and weekend activities!
What to do in Denver – Not only is the Highlands a great place to live, it’s also a great place to play with so many options, there is sure to be an event to fit your lifestyle and budget! From amusement parks to special events, you will learn the possibilities for entertainment are endless.
- Go on a brewery tour- For those of you who love beer, this is a great option to explore the different breweries and taste all they have to offer. There are many local craft breweries that offer free tours and tastings including Great Divide, Denver Beer Co., and Breckenridge.
- Go to a First Friday– Art walks have become incredibly popular around the Denver area, most showcase local artists on the first Friday of the month, with longer hours, and events snacks and refreshments available. They can be found all over the metro area from the largest on Santa Fe, however there are also events on Tennyson, RiNo, Belmar and many others scattered around the area. This is a great way to get to know some of the local artist and even pick up a new piece for your home.
- Take a ride with the Denver Cruisers– Every Wednesday night during the summer, thousands of people gather in Downtown to ride their bikes of the streets of Denver, pedaling from bar to bar. They have a different theme every week and is so much fun to dress up and ride around the town. It’s also a great way to familiarize yourself with downtown and all the amazing bars and attractions it has to offer.
- Walk around Sloan’s Lake– On the west edge of the highlands, this lake offers many different events throughout the year to enjoy. From walking or biking around the lake, you can see views of the mountains and the city from the same spot. The views are breathtaking. They also have a boat races and events all summer long. It’s also a great spot to see all the fireworks on the 4th of July.
- Visit a Farmers Market– There are new markets popping up in neighborhoods all over the city, that also vary by the days they are open, so any day of the week, there is sure to be a great Farmer’s Market, featuring local vendors, artist, products, food trucks, and some even feature live music. We love the Highlands Farmer’s Market just up from the salon, on Boulder Street that offers so many options and is going on every Saturday during the summer.
- Find the Denver Flea– Unlike a common flea market, this is a pop up market with a modern, hip vibe that makes it a totally different experience than you would expect. The days and times change so finding the location is part of the fun.
Whether you choose to live in the Highlands, or rather the suburbs or deep into the city, our neighborhood offers so many amazing places to eat, shop, play and of course take care of all of your hair needs at Ergun Tercan European Salon. Click through our website to see all of the amazing stylists and services we offer. We are proud to call this our home and be a part of this amazing neighborhood, and everything it has to offer. Don’t believe us? Come on down and check it out for yourself and experience this amazing community.